Monday, June 9, 2008

A small miracle!

So I believe this to be a small miracle of sorts...ready? Sadie slept not only in her bassinet last night but she did so for seven hours! Yes you heard it, this is one of the only two nights that she has not slept part of if not most of the night in her swing, that is if you can call what she does sleep;) I kid you not I woke up in the very same position as I fell asleep in and in pure wonderment when I realized what had taken place for the last several hours. Yes the gift of sleep...it truly is a gift and that of which is even more appreciated when deprived of it for several weeks. I seriously felt like I could handle what the day brought, wait for it... here's the kicker I felt as though I could do so with patience! What I have also notice when sleep comes for a visit is it allows you to take the time to capture the sweetness of the day. Take for instance when Lauren decided to obey me the first time in the parking lot of the Drs. office, or when Colin said "is this all you would like" with a tone of willingness to help out more then with just his laundry, or when Taylor lovingly helped Lauren though a not so pretty moment. Thank You Lord for the gift of sleep, how sweet it is:) Now speaking of sleep, tonight is Taylor's first night with her new brace, please pray for her as she adapts to wearing it. Please pray that would be able to fall asleep quickly, that she would sleep soundly and that no bruising would occur from it

4 comments:

flfreckles.blogspot.com said...

I love the picture of Sadie and I will be praying for Taylor. By the way the pictures on the side are adorable. How do you find the time!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so glad you got some sleep! Yay! I hope Miss Sadie remembers how to do that from here on out. (I am hoping Ella will learn that "skill" as well!)

I miss you...can't wait to see you this weekend!

Meghann Roberts said...

Yay!!! That is so exciting! Since you emailed me a couple of weeks back about what your days and nights look like right now, I've been praying for sleep for you and Sadie! I'm with you...it's amazing what a little rest does! =) I hope I can say the same about a 7 hour stretch sometime soon!!! =)

The VanLue House of Happy Chaos said...

Love, love, love the pics:) Congrats on much needed sleep!!!! And we're praying for Taylor. Come see me again!!