Tuesday, October 2, 2007

My Date Night In

So I thought several of you would think this was funny, only keep in mind this is really how it is:)
Jonathan has been working alot lately so we decided a date night was much needed. Instead of getting a sitter at the last minute and rushing out the door in a heavy down pour we chose to have a date night in. Jonathan settled the older kids with a movie after showers and put Lauren to bed after her bath. I ordered take out and took a quick shower before going to get it. I hopped in the car went to Outback and proceeded to wait at Curbside for my order to come out. I waited and waited, when the young server girl finally came out she asked what my name was and phone #. As she searched and searched her receipts she found no such name and asked if I had called the Altamonte location. In my most mature adult voice I said, "Well I hope not considering this is Longwood"
She then replied that this is actually the Altamonte location which I so kindly ignored and again told her I know that I called this location, Longwood Altamonte whatever, get me my food.
She asked if I remembered what I ordered, and I started rambling my food items to her, a chicken parm., a tomato caprese, Calamari. She then said very patiently and sweetly, "Honey we don't have any of that food."
Me easing into my pride so effortlessly I begin to think no junk lady, I guess they should start making it!
I'm staring at her in pure disbelief that I have to wait for my food longer when she says " I think you meant to go across the street to Carrabas"
Oh the taste of Humble Pie, before dinner and everything. I had pulled into the wrong restaurant with the wrong attitude:) By the time I got to Carrabas, my food had been waiting a good 15 minutes and I sleepishly told that server my story. She stared at me in the same wow I feel sorry for you look that the other girl did. I promise you I really am not this ditsy when I am not pregnant! Jonathan and I enjoyed our quiet dinner (after I reheated it) and again almost the same look from him came when I told him the story only it had a little more of, I leave my children with you all day in it. Anyways I hope you enjoy a laugh on my behalf! Oh and by the way....Thank you Kathy, appetizers, salads, and entrees for $8.00! It was Yummo!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my, medana! i don't remember you being this ditsy when you were pregnant with lauren. =) thanks for the laugh at your expense, and i pray you will not have too many more of these experiences in the next 9 months.

The VanLue House of Happy Chaos said...

Wow.....all I have to say is .....wow! And you watch my children? :) Wow....this makes the RSVP to the wrong house seem minor huh?....Wow......

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

That is HYSTERICAL!!! I would have LOVED to have been in the car when you realized this! LOL! I probably would have been like "Well, honey, you should make the signs bigger - Outback...Carrabba's - they look the same!" ;o)

Katherine Peschau said...

Nice! I needed that laugh. Thanks for sharing :)
I haven't seen you in a LONG time. I hope I get to see you soon. I am glad you got to enjoy dinner, but I still want to babysit. So let know when :) Love you!

Julie said...

So I just want you to know...I fell off my chair because I was laughing so hard :)

Debi Walter said...

That's a great recipe for "humble pie". Thanks for humbly sharing the recipe with us!

Tammy said...

Okay, that is pretty funny... what is next?